Barry S. Fagan
Mr. Fagan is a recognized expert in the State of Michigan in the area of employment law, and civil rights litigation. He has many years of experience representing people who are victims of employment discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation for engaging in whistleblowing activities, and mistreatment by the police. Mr. Fagan has achieved significant jury trial verdicts and million dollar settlements on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Fagan is the Justice PAC Chair for the Michigan Association for Justice, and is also a member of its Executive Board and Executive Committee.
Mr. Fagan is a frequent lecturer at seminars through the Institute for Continuing Legal Education and the Michigan Association for Justice and has given presentations on topics including Trial Skills, Proving Damages in Employment Discrimination Cases, "Investigating the Egregious Harassment Case," "The Ultimate Trial Notebook for Employment Attorneys," and "The Ten Biggest Mistakes My Opponents Make."
Mr. Fagan is an appointed case evaluator for the Wayne County Circuit Court. He is a member of many professional organizations, including the Michigan Association for Justice and the National Employment Lawyers Association.
Mr. Fagan has a Preeminent "AV" rating by Martindale-Hubbell® (highest Peer Review Rating for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability).
Mr. Fagan has also been selected as a "Michigan Super Lawyer" by FindLaw since 2007 and has been selected for inclusion by his peers in "The Best Lawyers in America®" in the field of Labor and Employment Law since 2010 and was selected as one of the 2019 "Lawyers of the Year" award recipients in the field of Employment Law. He was also selected by dbusiness Magazine as one of the "Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit" in 2019 and has been selected for inclusion in "Leading Lawyers" since 2015.
Areas Of Practice
- Age Discrimination
- Employment Law
- Sex Discrimination
- Race Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination
- National Origin Discrimination
- Employment Discrimination
- Whistleblower Litigation
- Sexual Harassment
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Employment Termination
- Severance Agreements
- Civil Rights
- Legal Malpractice
- Michigan, 1982
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. - 1982
- Michigan State University
- B.S. - 1979
- Honors: With Honors
Honors & Awards
- "AV Preeminent" rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Has been selected as a "Michigan Super Lawyer" annually since 2007
- Selected by dbusiness Magazine as one of the "Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit" - 2019
- Has been selected for inclusion in the "Best Lawyers in America" in the field of labor and employment law since 2010 and was selected as one of the 2019 "Lawyer of the Year" award recipients in the field of employment law
- Has been selected for inclusion in "Leading Lawyers" since 2015
- Fagan McManus, P.C. was selected for inclusion by U.S. News- Best Lawyers in its 2019 "Best Law Firms" rankings in the area of employment law-individuals and litigation-labor & employment.
Classes and Seminars
- Regularly lectures for the Michigan Association for Justice and the Institute of Continuing Legal Education
Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan, Negligence and Labor Sections, Member
- Michigan Association for Justice, Executive Board Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- Michigan Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- Michigan Association for Justice, Justice PAC Chair, member of its Executive Board and Executive Committee